I don’t know about you but I always love it when I turn a “cheat meal” into a healthy and delicious recipe! For all of you who love eating pizzas I have a recipe for you! Imagine making a perfect “dough” with vegetable! We often hear “eat more vegetables”, well here’s your chance! You can make a delicious pizza by using cauliflower, which has high antioxidant properties, contains phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals to boost your immune system and help with your digestion.
To make the cauliflower dough, here’s what you need:
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped up
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese of your choice. I used parmesan (optional)
- Seasoning of your choice. I used salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme
- Toppings of your choice. I used pesto for the sauce, salami, roma tomatoes, sauteed onions, spinach and mozzarella.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and put everything into the food processor
- Put the cauliflower onto a pan and cover.
- Cook on low heat until it’s soft
Note that cauliflower contains a lot of water meaning you don’t need to add anything to the pan
In the meantime, preheat the oven at 400°C
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove the pan from the oven and place it inside a bowl to let it cool down. Afterwards, squeeze out all the water from the cauliflower with a cloth.
- Put it back into a bowl. Add the 2 eggs, seasonings and cheese. Mix everything together.
- Place the dough on a parchment paper (make sure you add a little bit of oil on the paper). Shape it with your hands the way you like.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 20-35 minutes. Depending on how much water you were able to squeeze out will dictate how long it takes to cook. Once you see a nice and golden color, it means it’s ready! It should look like bread.
- Add your preferred toppings, but make sure they are heated before. Put the pizza back into the oven and broil to melt the cheese.
You can be creative with cauliflower dough! You can make so many things with that. The possibilities are endless!