For those of you who know me, you most likely know that I am obsessed with peanut butter; so this recipe suits my taste perfectly.
- 2 tablespoons raw peanut butter (try the Earth Balance Coconut & Peanut Spread)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- Pinch cayenne crushed pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt to taste
To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth and creamy.
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained and chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 8 Iceberg lettuce leaves
To prepare filling:
- – Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- – Add sesame oil
- – Add green onions (reserve some for topping)
- – Add tofu
- – Add 3 tablespoons 0f cilantro (reserve some for topping), soy sauce, ginger, and Sriracha.
- – Remove from heat; stir in cucumbers, carrots, and remaining green onions.
- – Spoon tofu mixture into each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sauce.
And voilà, all that is left is to ENJOY!!!