It’s Foodie Friday! Seafood and salmon lovers, today is your lucky day! Coach Chanelle Lavigne shows us how to prepare Pecan Crusted Salmon. It’s an easy and simple recipe that you can try anytime!
A friend of mine made this for dinner a few weeks back and I have not been able to stop making it since then. It is an easy and simple recipe that everybody can follow. The textures and aromas are just right on with the tenderness of the fish and the slight crunch of the pecans. This recipe will make you fall in love with salmon if you have not already. Fish is an excellent source of omega 3, which is good for you!
- 2 Tb.sp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tb.sp melted butter
- 4 Tb.sp honey
- 1/4 c. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 t. chopped parsley
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 450F
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients together.
- Place pieces of salmon on a oven safe dish and spread the mixture over the top.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the top has formed a light crust
- Serve with vegetables and lemon (if needed)